Saloon/May 1, 2017
Saloon comes to Montreal and tours Quebec
Cirque Éloize is proud to announce the return of its latest creation, Saloon, to Quebec soil, not only with a grand Montreal premiere, but also with a major series of dates that will see it visit thirteen cities around the province in 2017 and 2018. A show inspired by the rich historical and musical heritage of the Wild West, Saloon has already been presented over 120 times on four continents since its 2016 Canadian premiere in St-Tite, Quebec. Saloon will run in Montreal at the Monument-National in the Quartier des spectacles from September 20 to 30, 2017.
Introducing Cirque Éloize to Quebecers
This decision to present Saloon in Montreal is part of Cirque Éloize’s renewed desire to have a much greater presence on the stages of Quebec. “On the eve of our 25th anniversary, we’ll be increasing the presence of our shows on stages around the province, as it’s very important for us to (re)introduce Quebecers to the humanity, magic and creativity of Cirque Éloize,” says Jeannot Painchaud, President and Chief Creative Officer of Cirque Éloize. The recent success of the Cirkopolis tour only confirms this desire.
Prior to the Montreal premier, Saloon will be presented as part of the summer series at the Centre culturel de Joliette from August 11 to September 3, before making a much-awaited return to the Festival Western de St-Tite at the beginning of September.
The Wild West comes alive
The show has already been seen by 90,000 spectators as it’s made stops in such countries as Canada, the United States, Turkey, Germany, Chili, France, Belgium and Switzerland. Saloon is propelled by original music written and produced by Eloi Painchaud, along with takes on classic songs by Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash. Saloon is directed by Emmanuel Guillaume.
Confirmed Quebec dates for Saloon in 2017
- Joliette, Centre culturel de Joliette – August 11 to September 3
- St-Tite, Festival Western de St-Tite –September 9 to 16 – for its second year in a row
Montreal –September 20 to 30
Salle Ludger-Duvernay / Monument-National
Quartier des spectacles
Tickets on sale – Monday, May 1, starting at 10 am
cirque-eloize.com or monumentnational.com
By telephone – 514.871.2224
Adult tickets from $49, all included.
New VIP packages including swag and a meet-and-greet with the artists
Special prices for children and students
Family packages at 20% off (2 adults and 2 children)
Confirmed Quebec dates for the Saloon tour in 2018
- April 5; Drummondville; Maison des Arts de Drummondville
- April 6; St-Jean-sur Richelieu; Théâtre des Deux-Rives
- April 7; St-Jérôme; Théâtre Gilles-Vigneault
- April 11; Granby; Palace de Granby
- April 13; Valleyfield; Salle Albert-Dumouchel
- April 14; Gatineau; Salle Odysée
- April 20; Victoriaville; Carré 150
- April 21; St-Hyacinthe; Centre des Arts Juliette-Lassonde
- April 26; L’Assomption; Théâtre Hector-Charland
- May 2; Sherbrooke; Salle Maurice O’Bready
- May 5; Chicoutimi; Théâtre du Palais Municipal