1.1. The purpose of this Policy is to help you understand our practices in the collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information. By providing personal information (via our websites cirque-eloize.com, eloize-events.com, eloize-entertainment.com, aupieddesdemoiselles.ca (collectively, our “Websites”), by email, in person or by telephone), you agree that such information will be used as set out in this Policy, and you authorize Eloize Group, its third-party partners and service providers to use your personal information for the purposes described below.
1.2. If you do not consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy, please do not submit such information to us. Please note that certain services can only be offered if you provide us with information of this nature; consequently, Eloize Group may be unable to offer you such services if you opt out of providing us with the personal information required.
2. ABOUT ELOIZE GROUP
2.1. Eloize Group members include Cirque Éloize O.B.N.L, Les Productions Éloize Inc., Théâtre T & CIE Inc., Les Productions Neuvart Inc., Au Pied des Demoiselles Inc. (collectively, « Group Eloize », « Eloize », « us», « our» ou « ours»).
2.2. Headquarters : 417 Berri St, Montreal (Quebec), H2Y 3E1.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1. When you visit our site or communicate with us, we collect certain personal information about you. Please note that Eloize does not directly sell tickets for events. Our authorized third party for ticket sales may collect your personal information for those purposes.
3.2. We may collect and process different types of personal information as part of our business activities and service delivery, including: :
- Indentifying information (as defined by the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec) such as your first name, last name, mailing address, telephone number and electronic address;
- Financial information, such as that which may be provided as part of our service delivery (including buying tickets for our shows);
- Information about your career and education, such as that provided as part of our recruiting process;
- Any other information provided directly and voluntarily, including any messages sent to us by email and/or by contacting our customer service.
3.3. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If you are a minor under the age of sixteen, please do not provide us with personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian who knows that your children provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we collected personal information from minors without verification of parental consent, we will take measures to remove that information from our servers.
Automatically collected information
Information about third parties
3.6. If you provide us with information about someone else (for instance, a friend, family member or a member of a tour group you are leading), you must ensure you have their consent to share their personal information with us and you confirm you have obtained such consent.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
4.1. We collect personal information in the situations listed below. In certain circumstances or for certain reasons, disclosing your personal information is voluntary (for instance, when you subscribe to our newsletter) and we will seek your consent before processing the request. However, in other circumstances, disclosing your personal information is required. It is therefore possible that we will be unable to provide the services or products you request if you opt out of providing such information.
4.2. We collect your personal information from you and during our interactions with you when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Buy a ticket or other products via a third-party website;
- Enter a contest and/or participate in a survey;
- Send us an inquiry/question or contact us;
- Apply for a job position;
- Fill out a casting form;
- Choose to authorize us to access your information from third-party websites (for instance, by connecting social media sites like Facebook).
4.3. Some of your personal information may be provided by our associated companies and/or business partners, including the companies around the world that sell tickets to our shows.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
5.1. The personal information we collect is used to provide and improve the services we offer to our customers. It can also be used to fulfil our legal obligations.
5.2. We collect and process personal information to:
- Provide services as part of our business activities;
- Facilitate processing and verify your identity in transactions you request;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Conduct quality assurance, sales, marketing and other business analysis;
- Organize contests and other promotional activities;
- Contact you about shows for which you have purchased tickets (including to notify you about postponed or cancelled shows);
- Send you a customer satisfaction survey after you have attended a show, where permitted under applicable laws or with your consent (if required);
- Understand your needs and interests, and provide you with services, advertising and products personalized by profiling, where permitted under applicable laws or with your consent (if required);
- Improve website performance, respond to your website inquiries and remember your website preferences/settings;
- Send you specific information, promotional and marketing communications about Eloize or third-party products and services (for instance, offers, discounts, ticket presale announcements, newsletters and birthday communications), where permitted under applicable laws or with your consent (if required);
- Analyze and process your application for a job position.
Auditions and casting
5.3. If you submit your information, including your CV, to one of our websites, a third-party web platform, or by email, it may be subject to the following processing, and additional conditions may apply:
- We may use the information you provide via the websites to consider a possible job opportunity and/or pre-hiring examination or to respond to your inquiry;
- We may provide the information to third-party partners, who may consider hiring you or be able to respond to your inquiry;
- We may contact former employers and/or references and/or verify the information you provided with your consent;
- After extending a job offer, we may ask to verify your legal right to work in the location of employment as a condition of employment.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
6.1. We may provide your personal information to our service providers and partners. We may also disclose your personal information to fulfill a legal obligation or to enforce our rights.
6.2. As a creator and producer of shows and events that operates around the world, the personal information we collect may be shared to any member of Eloize and processed by such member. We may also share your personal information with certain third parties, including:
- Third-party service providers and/or partners who provide us with website, application development, hosting, maintenance and other services. These third parties may access or process personal information as part of the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to our service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their services, and our contracts with these service providers require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- Government authorities and law enforcement agencies, as required applicable laws. For greater certainty, we may disclose personal information and other information if we are required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order or subpoena or government search warrant, or otherwise to cooperate with such government authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- An acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
6.3. We will only use personal information to fulfil the primary purpose and applicable legitimate purpose it was collected for, or for a purpose compatible with that primary purpose.
7. HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1. Duration : We will only keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this Policy Privacy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. If you would like further information regarding the periods for which personal information will be kept, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact us” section.
7.2. Hosting : While your personal information will be collected and stored on servers in Canada and in the United States of America, it may be shared with, stored and/or otherwise processed by Eloize members and/or by third parties located in other countries. For instance, certain service providers that process or manage your personal information on our behalf are located outside these countries. No matter the country where your personal information is processed, we will take all necessary measures to protect them in accordance with this Policy. You consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country of residence. While such information is outside of your country of residence, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. While we use reasonable means to safeguard your personal information, it is subject to the legal requirements and governmental authorities of the foreign jurisdictions in which it is located.
8. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal information in our possession. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel, under a duty of confidentiality, who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require such information.
8.2. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe personal information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact us” section.
9. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS
9.1. You have a certain number of rights with respect to your personal information.
9.2. Under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable data protection laws, an individual has the following rights:
- Access: You are entitled to ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to your personal information. Subject to applicable laws and, where applicable, payment of a reasonable fee, this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information about you;
- Accuracy: We are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information in our possession is accurate, complete, not misleading and up to date;
- Correction: You are entitled to request the correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold.
9.3. In addition, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- At any time, you may withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of the personal information we have collected.
9.4. You may exercise the above rights at any time by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact us” section. Before granting your request, we may require that you confirm your identity to us. Your request may be accepted or denied on the basis of any applicable laws.
9.5. If you are not satisfied with how Eloize processes your personal information, you may file a complaint with the person in charge of the protection of personal information at Eloize (our “Privacy Officer”) as set forth in the “Contact us” section. The Privacy Officer will confirm receipt in writing as soon as possible and then review your complaint. The Privacy Officer may trigger an internal investigation with the relevant staff member(s), if deemed necessary. If required, additional measures will be implemented to increase the level of protection of your personal information as soon as possible. No matter the outcome of the investigation, you will be notified of the results of the review of your complaint and the actions taken by Eloize to follow up on your complaint.
9.6. You may also file a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for privacy protection in the country, province or state where you normally reside, where we are located or in which a presumed violation of privacy laws was committed.
9.7. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact us” section.
10. CONTACT US
Attn : Privacy Officer
417 Berri St
Montreal (Quebec), H2Y 3E1
11. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
11.2. In the event of a conflict or contradiction between the French and English version of this Policy, the French version shall prevail.
11.3. This Policy was last updated in September 2023.